” I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.” Confucius
Home nutrition counseling is a non-diet health focused approach to living a healthy balanced life. It is a lifestyle nutrition management program set to meet each person’s or family’s specific needs and requirements.
I offer at- home nutrition counseling in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The approach comprises several steps that will help you make healthy nutrition an easy part of your normal lifestyle.
The Lifestyle Nutrition Program
Step 1: Assessment
The first step is at-home assessment of the health status of all members of the family, including caloric intake ( analysis of a food diary), food preference, physical activity, nutritional needs, and the effects of any medical condition if present.
Step 2: Lifestyle Intervention
After the assessment, a comprehensive plan is designed which includes but not restricted to:
- Determining the caloric needs and physical activity needs of each individual and providing suitable ideas and tips to make it easier to adopt the new lifestyle.
- Providing guidance for the home grocery shopper: one-on-one supermarket trips emphasizing label reading, RDAs to know if a certain product is a good source of vitamins and minerals, and shopping for optimum food safety.
- Kitchen makeover: pantry reorganization, portion sizing and freezing for easier preparation of healthy fast meals.
- Healthy cooking techniques and recipe makeovers.
- Restaurant Eating Education
Step 3: Monitoring & Maintenance
Periodic visits will allow for proper monitoring of the changes already implemented and will devise new ways and tips to implement changes that proved to be difficult for any member.